Wednesday 8 June 2011

Things I've learned from the Cycle Superhighway

I was in a pub in London last night (really) and saw this poster about Transport for London's new Cycle Superhighway scheme. In just a few seconds it taught me more about this metropolitan 21st century life than I could ever learn from free papers or chick flicks:

  1. People of all genders and races can own and ride bikes.
  2. Black people are safer than white people.
  3. Black people are faster than white people.
  4. Black people are more vibrant than white people and reflect this in their choice of vehicle and outfit.
  5. Women have baskets on their bikes, probably for make up, shiny objects, shopping and babies.
  6. White men have the most important jobs and dress accordingly.
  7. White men are so busy at their important jobs they can't even afford the time to change into suitable cycling clothes.
I hope having read this you are now as enlightened as I am.

I hope it's unnecessary to write this but just in case let it be known that the above is satire.

No comments:

Post a Comment